What do we do? We offer machine sewing classes for adults and children
All our classes and courses are now available via our on-line booking system Click here to book
Wed PM, Thursday AM and Friday lunchtime adult sessions £15 for two hours
Saturday Adult and Child session £15 each for two hours
Lycra classes are £17.50 for 2 1/2 hours
Why choose me?
- My classes are informal and fun. You will relax and get some time out for yourself.
- It is affordable and the cheapest classes you will find locally.
- There is no annual membership fee.
- You can come once, or every week, depending on what you want to learn or achieve.
- There is no set structure on what you have to sew, you tell me what you would like to make and we will make it! If you need inspiration I have plenty of ideas for you too.
- I have a stock of fabrics, piping, zippers and threads to get you started.
- You can also get creative making drum lampshades, noticeboards and chairs as I am also skilled in upholstery, so you can coordinate your sewn curtains with your cushions and your chairs….and you can say you did it all yourself!
- This is the only class where you will be able to bring a child from age 5 along to sew on a machine. I believe that your ability to sew has nothing to do with your age! Just look at my daughter’s blog to see proof!
- I undertake embroidery commissions, and I can personalise or embroider what you sew to make it even more special, check out my gallery to see some examples (such as the personalised bean bag)
- You won’t be out of place turning up with your machine still in its box from the shop or covered in dust from Grannies attic! I can help you use that treasured machine and bring it to life!
- Myself and my husband are CRB checked as we feel it is important for you to feel comfortable leaving your kids with us. If you would like a copy please ask.
- I have recently obtained a City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- Mums or Dads to be in attendance for all childrens classes
- Fingers to be kept clear of running needles on the sewing machines
- Scissors to be handled with care, no walking around with them
- Iron is only to be operated with an adult supervising one to one
- No running around
- If you are unsure stop, take your foot off the pedal and ask!
- Don’t thread the machine unless the machine is switched off to avoid sewing your finger!